Our curriculum and program is aimed at preparing children for kindergarten, later schooling and their future life.
Our program is led by our Educational Leader, Sylvana, with all educators contributing to programming and planning.
Our curriculum is guided by the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), alongside the knowledge and experience of our teaching staff. These are the skills, goals and life skills we teach and role model to the children throughout the year.
The EYLF places an importance on
Outcome 1: Children have a strong sense of identity, Outcome 2: Children are connected with and contribute to their world, Outcome 3: Children have a strong sense of wellbeing, Outcome 4: Children are confident and involved learners & Outcome 5: Children are effective communicators
Along with the EYLF we place importance on these components:
Social awareness, interactions and understanding
- Self help skills
- Emotions and expression
- Literacy and language
- Communication and social skills
- Visual arts
- Science and technology
- Life skills
- Manners and care for others
Our program are the provocations, activities and experiences we provide for the children throughout the day to ensure that they have opportunities to learn and develop across all aspects of the curriculum. It is designed for children aged 3-5 and we aim to make learning enjoyable! We have times in the day for individual learning, small groups and large groups. We have a combination of indoor and outdoor times and all our educators contribute.
During the day children will
- Learn and develop positive social skills, express their emotions appropriately, increase their fine and gross motor skills, practice their cognitive development, life skills and more
- Discuss understand and follow preschool rules
- Pack their own bags each day
- Learn the names of our teachers and peers
- Use manners at preschool when talking with both adults and children
- Open and pack away their own morning tea and lunch
- Have a turn at being our class helper
- Write their own name to sign in to preschool each day
- Take part in the Billy Backpack transition to school program in our routine
- Participate in the PALS social skills program with children
- Be given responsibilities and tasks throughout the day
- Participate in individual, small and large group learning
- Read lots of books and sing lots of songs
- Learn during play
- And much more